Dean Corll was known for passing out sweets to kids in the Houston Heights, where his family had a candy factory. But that smile was a mask, and behind it was one of the most brutal, calculating serial killers of the 20th century.
- Long before Dean Corll ever killed any children, he earned his nickname as “The Candy Man” after his mother opened a candy shop in the Houston Heights, and he gave local teenagers free candy around the neighborhood.
- Disgusting Dean was a total moma’s boy. In fact, his mother actually fired employees at the candy shop for complaining about Dean’s harassment – denial at its finest.
- His first accomplice (David Brooks) was only 12 years old when they first met. Dean was 27 at the time – sicko.
- Dean Corll kidnapped, raped and tortured more than 28 young boys in a 3 year time span.
- Despite the families persistence, Police did not look into these cases, and every single missing child was originally reported as a runaway- even when 11 boys from the same schoolwent missing within months of one another.
- Dean totally snapped when Brooks brought a female to his house, and then planned on killing the 3 teenagers that night.
- As fate would have it, his main accomplice, David Brooks, finally snapped and shot Corll six times before he finally collapsed.
- His first shot literally ricocheted off Corll’s skull in true Frankenstein fashion.